Grade 4 Instrument Sign-Up
We are excited to share with you that students in grade 4 will have the opportunity to start a band instrument! We are anticipating starting lessons the week of October 2nd. Of course, a lot needs to take place before this can happen.
Informational Zoom Meeting for Families
- Thursday, Sep 21, 2023 at 7:00 p.m.
- Students, with their families, are invited to attend a virtual meeting to be introduced to their music teachers and review/learn about our lesson program, instrument selection process, and renting an instrument.
- Zoom link
- Passcode: 705687
Deadline for Selecting Instruments
- Thursday, Sep 21, 2023
- Select your student’s top two instrument choices through the Instrumental Music Sign-Up form.
Families Notified of Instrument Choice
- Friday, Sep 22, 2023
Deadline for completing Rental Information
- Wednesday, Sep 27, 2023
- Families renting through through Goulet & Co. must complete their rental information.
Drive through Instrument Pickup Night
For families renting their instrument through Goulet & Co., we will host a drive-through instrument pickup night at the Center for the Performing Arts at SHS (parking lot near the football stadium).
- Thursday, Sep 28, 2023
- Wampatuck and Cushing: 4:00-4:30
- Jenkins and Hatherly: 4:45-5:15
- Families will remain in their cars and pull up to the curb by the CPA.
- Please wait for a representative to approach your car and ask for your information.
- They will then retrieve your child’s instrument and any other materials you have ordered and bring them to you.
Families may pick up their instruments directly from Goulet & Co. in Pembroke. Please call 781-829-2282 to schedule a pickup.
Anticipated Start Date
Week of October 2, 2023
By this point, students will have:
- Selected and rented an instrument
- Been assigned a lesson group and time
- Become very excited to start their musical journey!
Reach out to Jim Thomas, Department Chair of Fine & Performing Arts, email@example.com
For more information about the band program, visit the Scituate Beginning Band Google site.
SHS music students (Matt Carolan and Caitlin Quinlan) demonstrate their instrument!